Custom Fields

• 9 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

It would be advantageous to have the capability to generate a customized field for each device and associate a worklet to retrieve specific data for that device.

For instance, this could be utilized for retrieving warranty information, checking the existence of a registry key, or gathering custom file details.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey! LOVE This input!

We’re actually pretty far in the development phase of something similar to this. But I like your twist of having the data populate from a single device. 
Since we also want to empower capabilities at scale, I’m curious to how we would collect and populate data on a group of devices. 

Data retrieval is something our product is good at, and we’re excited for the opportunities to unlock that data into worklets. 

Keep firing ideas!! Helps me a ton when I nerd-out to the dev team! haha

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey! LOVE This input!

We’re actually pretty far in the development phase of something similar to this. But I like your twist of having the data populate from a single device. 
Since we also want to empower capabilities at scale, I’m curious to how we would collect and populate data on a group of devices. 

Data retrieval is something our product is good at, and we’re excited for the opportunities to unlock that data into worklets. 

Keep firing ideas!! Helps me a ton when I nerd-out to the dev team! haha

When I sad a device i ment all devices in a group or with a tag but this is something i been looking for a bit at my last job 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Also to add Pull a list of services running on the device and be able to start and stop them 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Gotcha thanks for clarifying! 

I spoke with one of our product managers today about this thread, we’re stirring up some feedback with our engineers to see what we can squeeze into our roadmap. 

Service Monitoring and Control is a valuable use-case as well! 
Are you thinking in the context of Troubleshooting or Server administration where you have to kickstart a stalled/crashed service? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Gotcha thanks for clarifying! 

I spoke with one of our product managers today about this thread, we’re stirring up some feedback with our engineers to see what we can squeeze into our roadmap. 

Service Monitoring and Control is a valuable use-case as well! 
Are you thinking in the context of Troubleshooting or Server administration where you have to kickstart a stalled/crashed service? 

Yes or for maintenance before you run patches IE something like SQL  

+1 interest in this feature!

We have Jamf Pro as a primary MDM for our Apple devices and I leverage their Extension Attribute feature quite heavily for reporting things like security app status (installed, off, on), Bootstrap Token status, OS Upgrade readiness, etc. It’d be really nice to have a similar feature to use in Automox with our Linux devices, and potentially in the future for Windows machines.

Having the ability to reference the field outputs for things like dynamic assignment, worklet assignment, etc would be invaluable! 

Userlevel 1

I’ve requested something similar in our account meeting. Being able to create and set custom fields based on a PS command. The service stop/start would also be covered by the pre/post patching script feature that has been discussed, but having a list of installed services, in addition to installed programs, would be a great addition. That is something we missed after moving from SCCM to Automox.