Question

Workstation Onboarding

• 20 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am in looking at purchasing Automox and currently in the trials phase. One thing I am interested in is the Remote Wipe Worklet. The question I have is, is it possible to have a worklet launch another worklet? 

I would like to be able to launch the Remote Wipe worklet and when this finishes, launch either individual worklets (for the additional software that needs to install afterwards) or maybe have one worklet built specifically for installing multiple packages. We currently run an on-prem solution that can run through sequences to load the OS and install apps. We have another solution that we can build custom packages (like installing apps or running powershell scripts) and then have them all run in sequence.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Jerber9264,

Because the ‘Remote wipe worklet’ would remove the Automox agent, there wouldn’t be a way to subsequently run a Worklet since the agent wouldn’t be on the endpoint any longer!

Once the agent is reinstalled on the device, software installs/configurations, all of that would be possible again.

Badge

That’s fair… is it possible to call a worklet from another?

Userlevel 4
Badge

It is possible. I dont have any examples however and it would use the API:
https://developer.automox.com/openapi/axconsole/operation/executePolicy/
Using the ‘remediateServer’ action. Collecting the serverID would take some work.
Worklet 1: run action, execute API call for the next Worklet, exit
Worklet 2: run action, execute API call for the next Worklet, exit

Badge

Is the URL variable in this the URL to the policy that holds the installer for the software I would like to install?

Userlevel 4
Badge
$apiKey = 'your_automox_api_key'
$headers = @{ "Authorization" = "Bearer $apiKey" }

$url = "https://console.automox.com/api/policies/12345/action?o=0000"
$body = @{
"action" = "remediateAll"
}
Invoke-WebRequest -Method POST -Uri $url -Headers $headers -Body $body

Yes, /policies/12345 makes reference to the policyID which can be seen in the console when you look at a policy. In this case, 311780: