Skip to main content

Windows Patch :: Timelines for new patch availability???

• 4 March 2020
  • 4 replies

general question (as a 👶 👶 new user 👶 👶 to automox):

KB4535996 (OS Builds 18362.693 and 18363.693) appears to be available to genpop (as early as feb 27, 2020, according to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4535996/windows-10-update-kb4535996). i have a few systems that are yet to be managed by our automox implementation that have pulled this down from m$.

using the canned or default “patch all” policy that came with this tool, my automox clients don’t seem to have this update being handed out.

is there some sort of systematic trigger that is holding this update back from being rolled out by automox? am i overlooking some config that is intended to keep me from hugging my machines to death with new updates?

Just a quick question first to see where we are at. Do you have this box checked on your patch all policy? I ask because that kb is classified as optional.

🤑 🤑 🤑 this is one of the things i was looking at…

within the two policies i have managing my laptops (as an example):

policy “apply all patches” :: i have “patch all” selected and “also install optional and recommended windows updates” checked - scheduled weekly.

policy “apply critical patches” :: i have “by severity” selected and “high” & “critical” updates checked - scheduled nightly.

when searching for software listed within the individual laptop device details, if i search for “KB4535996” this is not listed as an “awaiting update” .

thoughts?

Are those devices on windows 10 version 1903 or later? That’s the only pre req I see. If so can you send me a couple device names? I’ll take a look and see what might be holding things up. Feel free to send those as a private message or through support@automox.com and/or the chat bubble lower right in the console.

emailed support a list of 10 machines that are not updating this KB and are currently running 10 Enterprise 6.3.18363. 🙂