Skip to main content

Hi, has anyone had trouble printing with the latest Windows 10 March security update?

The Windows 10 KB5000802 and KB5000808 cumulative updates released yesterday are causing Blue Screen of Death crashes when printing to network printers.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 KB5000802 and KB5000808 cumulative updates as part of the March 2021 Patch Tuesday.

Since then, there has been a constant stream of complaints that printing is causing Windows 10 to crash with an “APC_INDEX_MISMATCH for win32kfull.sys” blue screen of death crash.

You’re not alone: https://www.ghacks.net/2021/03/10/march-2021-cumulative-updates-cause-printing-bluescreens-on-windows-10-devices/

Looks like this patch needs to be yanked. Stay tuned for more info.

I’ve been dealing with this all morning.

Same problem here. I’ve told Automox to ignore KB5000802, KB5000808, and KB5000809. I also have added that to the Patch All Except. Hopefully that will prevent others from updating.

I was forced to yank the patch. I didn’t use a WORKLET, but I imagine one can be created. I used a powershell script in 3 different packages of our deployment product. Example here:

Get-WindowsPackage -Online | ?{$.ReleaseType -like “Update”} | %{Get-WindowsPackage -Online -PackageName $.PackageName} | ?{$_.Description -like “KB5000822”} | Remove-WindowsPackage -Online -NoRestart

Obviously, match it up with the KB you want and you may also require a reboot. I’ve been running this and building this for the last hour or so.

Speak of the devil 😉. You may need to add KB5000822 into the mix as well. This one was another issue for us. They all match up to specific OS/Branches.

Also important to note, CVE-2021-26876 is a remote code execution vulnerability resolved in kb5000808…so that’s pretty cool.

So I found KB5001567 may have resolved some of the issues. It was released yesterday the 15th.

and now they’ve pulled the patch to fix the patch due to installation issues: