Skip to main content

Another way to be notified when new community activity happens is to turn on browser notifications (also called live notifications). These are short pop-up notifications that appear in a corner of your screen and then disappear after a few seconds.

To do that, go to your profile preferences and click on Notifications:

Click on the Enable Notifications button under the Live Notifications header:

10%20AM

This is a per browser setting, so if you use the community in multiple browsers or on multiple computers, you’ll need to enable it from each browser.

I use browser notifications for like 5 or 6 different sites so my bottom right corner can be a circus at times.

The one thing you have to watch out with those notifications is when you’re presenting. Those can get quite embarrassing if you’re not careful.

100% and it’s happened to me more than once. I also have a HILARIOUS group of people that seem to think when papa dim is presenting his screen that it’s a PERFECT time to send Teams or Skype messages like “Hey did that rash clear up??” or “Ok I hid the body.”

Definitely going to enable this when I get home. I only have notifications enabled for Spiceworks so Automox would be perfect to add!