Skip to main content

Hello

Does anyone know if it is possible to upload a file .zip as a payload and download it via worklet?
I need to create an installation worklet, but instead of uploading an executable file, I need to put a .zip file, download it to the machine, unzip this file and then run the .exe that is inside this uncompressed folder.

Hi Fabio,

I have an example here with VMware Tools in a Required Software policy:

Once the zip has been expanded you can either cd into it (as in my example) or call the installers/files with the absolute path. You should do some testing locally to see exactly what that would look like before testing with a Worklet to save you some time.

Regards,

Hello Mark
Thank you for the feedback

I didn't specify it better, but in my case it's a Linux.
So far so good, I even changed the command "Expand-Archive" to "Unzip" which is used in Linux, but I always have the same error output.

From what I understand, it seems that it does not locate the .zip file to unzip.
Can you tell if when we put a file in this format as a payload, it downloads to some standard folder on the machine? that I point the unzip to that folder.

In this case you are missing the entire filename, ‘Magman.zip’
unzip Magma.zip
When a Worklet executes it downloads the file and the script into the same operating directory, so you can directly reference the file without an absolute path (by default).
You also won’t need to put a period anywhere.

Give that a shot and let me know if you see better results. If you provide to me the link to download this product I can also try it.

Regards,

Mark, thank you

I got it with the following command

If I create a worklet of the required software type, every time it runs, will it install the software again?
In this case, would it be more interesting to use "worklet policy"?

Navigate to the endpoint in question, do a search for ‘magma’ in the software list.
As long as ‘Magma’ is present at the version specified or higher (10.2.0) then the Required Software policy will not run.

It compares the ‘Scope’ to the Software section of a device to see if the app is installed already, and will not run if it is found.

Regards,