Solved

Worklet to uninstall Snagit

• 6 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Is there any existing worklet to uninstall Snagit?

I’ve attempted to use the uninstall worklet template titled Uninstall Specific App by Name and Uninstall all apps under specific version and both have resulted in command timeout.

icon

Best answer by MarkH-Automox 6 January 2024, 04:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi justlooking,

I can succesfully uninstall snagit (when installed with a .exe) with the following:

msiexec.exe /uninstall '{49226795-A2D6-49C2-9DD2-06A2A79613B1}' TSC_DATA_STORE=1 /quiet

Remove-Item -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\'{49226795-A2D6-49C2-9DD2-06A2A79613B1}' -Recurse

If you still see instances of ‘Snagit XXXX’ in your Add/Remove programs, do a quick search in the registry for the name (snagit 2022 or snagit 2023), ensure you have the correct UUIDs and ensure to delete the corresponding UUID key in the registry. (UUIDs can be found on snagits webpage)

There is an additional uninstall process when installed with an MSI, they also have an uninstall tool but I couldn’t get that to work without manually deleting the registry key as above to remove it from ‘add/remove programs’ after running the tool. That requires the ‘uninstall tool’ which can be downloaded, uploaded as a payload, and then called like this:

Expand-Archive .\UninstallerTool_1_1_0_178.zip
cd .\UninstallerTool_1_1_0_178\
.\UninstallerTool.exe -product snagit

Let me know if that helps.

Badge

Thank you @MarkH-Automox 

I tested this worklet and it appears to be working on my device and another user’s production device .