Linux server not showing in device console.

Badge

I have a few Linux servers (varying flavors including Centos and RHEL) that after successful install and service start do no show up in the Device Console. I have made sure ports 443 etc are open, and not having this issue with the other Linux servers I have installed in the same network and vlan.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated! 

15 replies

Badge

Probably the wrong spot hahaah new account and closest option I had. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello CalllmePH,

A simple troubleshooting command to run is: ‘amagent --checkcompat’
This will kick off a series of validations of the current state of the agent and provides valuable information.

Additionally, please grab the agent log file and we can check to see what the agent is logging to the device itself. ‘cat /var/log/amagent/amagent.log’

Regards

Badge

Sent reply but think its waiting to be looked at by mods.

Badge

Badge

Tried running the command and it errored saying amagent isnt a known command. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, re-run as sudo from the /opt/amagent directory:

Userlevel 3
Badge

I do also want to mention, our support team was able to determine your device is connected to the console based off the UUID in the logs. It appears to be scanning and reporting normally.

Badge

Badge

Do they happen to see a device name? I have searched everyway I can think of to find it and it iisnt displaying for me at all.

Badge
I think I had the wrong server earlier….

Userlevel 3
Badge

I believe we are seeing an instance of a cloned endpoint. There aren’t enough differences in the OS to make a separate object within Automox:
https://help.automox.com/hc/en-us/articles/23863147566100-Duplicate-Debian-Linux-devices

Badge

Sorry for the SUPER late response! Got yanked to other priorities. Confirmed that the machine-id was change per the steps in the KB you linked, however the machine is still not showing by name or ip. I have the log below

Badge

I have noticed a few of these in this environment (new to the company) and a lot of the VM’s were cloned so I have a feeling I will be missing more than a few when I finish deploying lol. 

Badge

Going thru the steps above and then the de-register/reinstall seems to have fixed the issue! Thank you for the help and getting me the Dupe devices link!

#!/bin/bash
#
# Automox uses an access key to determine which Zone to put your system in.
# This is important, as you want your system to go into the correct zone so you have administrative rights to it.

if [[ $1 == "" ]];then
    echo ""
    echo "Usage: installautomoxagent.sh xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx, where the x's represent the proper Automox Access Key"
    echo ""
    echo ""
    exit 100
fi
automoxaccesskey=$1
#
# Is amagent already installed? If so, just say so and exit.
#
if [ -f /opt/amagent/amagent ]; then
  clear
  echo ""
  echo ""
  echo "amagent is already installed in /opt/amagent directory....exiting"
  echo ""
  exit 100
fi
#
# Save old machine-id and generate a new one
#
if [ -f /etc/machine-id ]; then
   cp /etc/machine-id /etc/machine-id.bak
   chmod 444 /etc/machine-id.bak
   /bin/rm /etc/machine-id
   /usr/bin/systemd-machine-id-setup
fi
#
# Fix an RTC issue per Automox
#
/bin/timedatectl set-local-rtc 0
/bin/timedatectl set-ntp true
#
# Install amagent via curl
#
cd /tmp
/bin/curl -sS "https://console.automox.com/downloadInstaller?accesskey=$automoxaccesskey" | sudo bash 
#
# Enable and start the Automox agent (until they fix this)
#
/bin/systemctl enable amagent.service
/bin/systemctl start amagent.service
/bin/chmod 644 /etc/systemd/system/amagent.service

echo ""
echo "This script actually started and enabled the Automox amagent, so the above line is not necessary."
echo ""