Hi, My name is Paul and we have been using Automox for over 2 years now.
We patch 450+ servers (mix of virtual servers 2016/2019 OS)located in the US, once on a monthly basis. Our US patch windows commonly exceed 5 hours to finish patching all servers. We also patch about 100 servers in the Asia Pacific region, once monthly, and this patch window takes 4+ hours to complete.
Wondering if this community can help in justifying if this aligns with their patch window duration.
- How long are your monthly patch windows taking to complete?
- How many servers are you patching during these windows?
- Do you have a mix of virtual servers 2016/2019 OS?
- How much bandwidth is your pipe your servers use to get out to the internet?
- Are you pre-staging (downloading the KB’s ahead of time) prior to the start of the actual patch window?