New Automox Agent Release: 1.0-28 scheduled for Wed Oct 9th

• 7 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7

We are excited to inform you that the next version of the Automox Agent will be released this week.

This release will add the following features and fixes:

• Support for MacOS 10.15 Catalina

• Increased consistency of Patch Notifications on Windows

• Resolved bug which added extra whitespace to Patch Notifications on Windows

• Improved Error Logging for failed agent commands.

The agent release is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday 10/09/2019 barring any issues. This date could potentially move back a couple days if any issues are encountered in our final rounds of testing.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Seeing as Catalina is already officially out is this update required before proceeding with that update? Or will it still mostly work but not be officially supported until this update?

I can see some users doing the update before Wednesday so I am curious if I need to inform my users to delay upgrading or if it will be able to fix itself.

Userlevel 7

Good question! Let me find out.

Userlevel 7

Apparently software updates and notifications won’t work on Catalina until the new agent version, so you should tell your users to hold off for now.

Userlevel 7

On the plus side, if any of your users get impatient and upgrade early, the Automox agent auto-update should still work and bring them up to date automatically. We also just released a worklet to turn off Mac update notifications if you want to keep your users blissfully ignorant of Catalina being out:

Userlevel 7

This got delayed - next slated release date is tomorrow:

Earlier this week we sent a message to let you know that Automox Agent 1.0-28 was originally planned for release today.

Unfortunately, there were some issues that came up late in our testing. To ensure the highest possible quality in this upgrade, we have decided to push this release back until Friday 10/11/2019.

We apologize for the additional delay. We will continue to communicate any other changes that may occur.

Userlevel 7

We are a go for today:

The release of Automox Agent 1.0-28 is on-track to proceed this morning.

The new agent installation files will be available for download immediately following the release. However, to be cognizant of weekend patch windows and operations, we have decided to delay automatic agent upgrades until Monday 10/14/2019.

If you would like to specifically opt-in to getting upgrades today, simply let us know and we’ll enable upgrades for your Automox organizations.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Userlevel 7

We’re pausing the rollout for now:

It has come to our attention there are currently some intermittent communication issues between agents and our console. While these issues are not correlated to any specific agent version, we are pausing upgrades of the agent to Agent 28 in order to minimize traffic in our system until a time that it can return to its normal state. We are currently investigating root cause and will provide an additional update as more information is uncovered.

Until then, you may experience some of the following issues:

• Agents are shown as disconnected in the console

• Agent installations may fail with Compatibility/Connection issues

• Agents may be slow to respond/may not respond to scan/reboot commands

We are working diligently to resolve this problem and hope to have normal traffic reinstated shortly. Agent connections should recover at that point without the need of any manual intervention on your part. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out should you have any questions or concerns.