Agent 38 Release Notes

• 21 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Agent 38 Release

We are very excited to announce the GA of Agent 38!

Agent 38 is available in the console as of this publication for download. Phased upgrades will begin Wednesday, April 21st.This release resolves an issue affecting Agent 37 of high CPU utilization during command execution across all devices.

Operating System Support:

This release is for all supported Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.

Known Issue:

High CPU utilization sporadically affecting macOS devices has been identified as a result of an edge case in our multi-threading logic. A fix for this issue has been identified and will be released in Agent 39.

• Workaround: If encountered, restarting the Automox agent will restore normal CPU usage

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Hi,

Before creating a ticket with Automox I wanted to ask if you or any other community members are experiencing a significant increase in resource usage, especially CPU, following the release of Agent 37?

For the past 3 weeks or so, we have seen multiple instances throttling on CPU for multiple hours (2-8 hrs) while running a device scan. Due to automated scans, these VMs throttle on a 24 hour basis and our monitoring are alerting us of this.

I can see that the amagent.exe are using 99% CPU after initiating the scan script (C:\ProgramData\amagent\ExecDirXXXXX\execcmdXXXXXX.ps1)

This has only occured on VMs with low resources (1core 3ghz vms).

While we are aware that these specifications doesn’t leave much for any tasks to be done, we are bound to the resources chosen by the customer to fulfill the task for that VM.

Is there any possible fix for this or are you aware of this issue? :)

Best regards, 

Steven

Badge

Hi Steven!  Agent 38 is a hotfix release for the issue you are experiencing.  Please reach out to support if you have any questions/requests around upgrades.

Hi TimL,

We are seeing great progress with updating the agent for this issue, the reason for my question was that the post only mentioned macOS.

Thank you for your reply and have a nice day.

Brgds.

Steven

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey guys,

We'll be logging a support case about an issue but figured I'd post here for visibility.

Anyone encountered issues post agent update (Windows) in that the services are not starting again? We've had this occur twice now. Easy to resolve by restarting the agent but inconvenient with 100+ VMs.

Cheers!