Question

how to report on version number of specific software application

• 19 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi All

we have been informed by our VPN service provider that they will be stopping support for Version X of their VPN client

I can go to a device in the devices list and see the version number of the software form the software list for that device

I can go to the software list and see that there are 3 instances of the VPN Client software Version X.x.x, X.x.y etc.

however there does not seem to be anywhere within Automox console to get the list of devices that has VPN Client installed
OR

I can’t work out how to get me a list of devices that, at the very basic level, can report on the VPN Client software, regardless of version number. we don’t have that many devices, i can filter out for Version X once i have exported the data

I think that I may need to use a Worklet here but nothing appears suitable in the Worklet Catalog

anybody out there done anything similar? if so would you like to share your method

cheers 😊

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello laurencechildsns,

If you navigate to the Software page in the navigation tool bar and type in the package name, you can hit enter and will be presented with the total count of endpoints with the VPN client installed. If the Software page is not returning any results, ensure you have ‘Automox Supported’ deselected in the Filters pane, which will give you full visibility.

Perimeter 81 V 10.(not Automox Supported) is installed on 1 machine.
Badge

Thank you
i see know the link to the devices that are at that level
can we use wildcards in the search box? i.e. VPN Client VX.*

thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge

You can type in Version numbers independent from the Software name to narrow it down. It does need to be its own separate search query, as you can see in this example.

Badge

hmm, a bit of a pain, would be much more useful if I could use wildcards