Question

Day Light Savings Time Change RHEL servers GLIBC_2.28' not found

  • 13 March 2023
  • 3 replies
  • 95 views

Badge

Hello.

I noticed all of the am agents installed on my RHEL 7/8 servers are offline and will not start back up. 

Getting the following error across all affected servers: 

“/opt/amagent/amagent: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by /opt/amagent/amagent)"

I am wondering if the time change had anything to do with it. 

If I reinstall the agnet, it works fine, I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and if there’s a better solution. We do have quite a bit of servers.

 

Thank You in advance. 

 

Edit: The time marked at disconnection was 2023-03-09 2:04 PM CST 

So It most likely was not affected by the time change. 


3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello.

I noticed all of the am agents installed on my RHEL 7/8 servers are offline and will not start back up. 

Getting the following error across all affected servers: 

“/opt/amagent/amagent: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by /opt/amagent/amagent)"

I am wondering if the time change had anything to do with it. 

If I reinstall the agnet, it works fine, I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and if there’s a better solution. We do have quite a bit of servers.

 

Thank You in advance. 

 

Edit: The time marked at disconnection was 2023-03-09 2:04 PM CST 

So It most likely was not affected by the time change. 

Hi Jesus,

 

Thanks for bring this to our attention. If you encounter a situation like this in the future, then we recommend opening a support ticket so our support engineers can assist with troubleshooting. It is not expected behavior for agents to disconnect and we want to ensure a rapid response via the support team.

 

You can follow the guides below to register for our Customer Portal and opening tickets.

All the best,
Brandon

Badge

Awesome, 

Thank you for your response. 

I will go ahead and submit a request. 

Badge

Had the same problem, so submitted a request. Turns out the root cause is that agent was accidentally built with a version of GLIBC which isn’t available on many of the supported OS.

The only solution is to manually remove the broken version of the agent and then redeploy the correct version.

 

Not at all impressed with this - the fact that such a fundamental error slipped through the testing process and into the wild suggests that the agent simply isn’t tested on many of the OS it claims to support.

Reply