Question

Install Cisco Umbrella for Windows

• 10 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I am attempting to install Cisco Umbrella to my Windows PC using a worklet using the following:

msiexec /i Setup.msi /qn ORG_ID=ORG_ID ORG_FINGERPRINT=ORG_FINGERPRINT USER_ID=USER_ID

I have added my specific information from the read me file and nothing gets installed. However, when I run it in powershell on the local machine it works. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

3 replies

Hi todde69,

Your code looks right to me, did you check your Policy to make sure the package name is the same as the one in the code?

Alternatively, you can try this Powershell code below to install.

Start-Process -Wait msiexec.exe -ArgumentList '/i Setup.msi /qn ORG_ID=XXXX ORG_FINGERPRINT=XXXXX USER_ID=XXXXX'

Thank you.

I’m also facing this same issue.  I’ve found that it must run with administrative privileges to install which doesn’t seem to work if run from Automox.  Is there a workaround for this, like scheduling a task as the user logged in that does have administrative privileges? 

Badge

I was able to install the client using Ax by creating a .bat file calling the installer. We created a function to install the software. Worked like a charm.