Inactive Endpoints

• 24 September 2019
  • 8 replies

Hello,

What’s your approach to deleting inactive/long gone endpoints? Want to ensure reporting is accurate and licensing is in good standing.

8 replies

This is a huge pain for sure - I like the approach that our AV (Bitdefender Gravityzone) has: if there’s been no connect in 30 days, no licensing charges / flagged as not updated.

@automox, any plans to better manage this?

Interesting approach! Yes we are interested in making it easier to investigate reasons for failed patches and remove non-active devices. Is 30 days something you’ve seen as pretty typical at your organization for the flag?

I think that if a machine hasn’t connected in 30 days, there’s an issue we want to address. The Bitdefender example is calendar month: if there’s a connect at any point in Sept, the licence is active for Sept, if no connect then it’s not billed (and we can see it’s not up-to-date).

I would be nice if we could specify an email at the group level (ie the manager for that dept/group) and specify a timeframe for inactivity. Then the manager gets an automated weekly email when he or she has devices in that area have been offline for more than the specified window. Make it so we can enable our users to be more aware of issues.

Keeping automation in Automox 🙂

Great idea, thank you!

Would also like to know this. Would be nice to have an option to have them fall off after 30/60/90 days or something.

Userlevel 7

Great suggestion! We do have a feature request product board here, where you can see what’s planned and what has been requested. You can vote for ones you want in the Under Consideration section to let us know what is the highest priority for us to work on: