• I don’t know how to write scripts

• I don’t know how to use the worklet functionality

• Developing a worklet through Automox is too difficult

• Not enough rewards or swag for sharing

• Too hard to sanitize and remove company info from code

• Testing my worklet code in the console is too difficult

• I can get my script to work locally but not when run through Automox

voters

Feel free to add any other reasons in the replies that I might have missed in the poll options!

Most worklets that I use tend to be one liners, which doesn’t seem like it would be of much value to the forum. But I do try and upload anything that seems like it would be widely useful to other sysadmins that I create 😃

One liners are still helpful! It’s not the length of your code, but what you do with it 🙂

Reminds me of this story about using code lines as a measurement and the pitfalls associated:

https://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?story=Negative_2000_Lines_Of_Code.txt

Usually just really busy and forget to check the community- If there was a community link at the top of the web console that would be nice. I’d probably click it more often. Under the help button or somewhere on the dashboard would be cool.

It’s generally the balance of priorities and free time are not in its favour. That said, if I have got time to do this I can surely share a worklet we are using.

Similar to what @cfrieberg said.

It could be cool to have a button on the worklet page itself to “Submit to the community”. Where it will put in and code block your code. Then you could edit/post from there.

During projects or customers asking fo specific things the idea’s come automatically. At the moment there a no new onboardings so a bit slow on inspiration.

That’s a good idea and feasible with the community platform API and us having setup Oauth between the community and the console.

Got this one added to the help menu this week:

Kudos to @paul.burdick for working on this one for me!

Nice!!! Thanks Nic 🎉