Skip to main content

Contest: Upload an Avatar to your profile by Dec 31st

• 12 December 2019
  • 12 replies

Now that we have the Who’s Online indicator, it’s reminding me of how many people haven’t yet uploaded an avatar picture.

To be entered in this contest, make sure you have an avatar uploaded and post the story behind your avatar in this topic. The avatar doesn’t have to be a picture of you - it can be a caricature, a pretty image, a picture of your pet anteater, etc.

Get your post in by the end of the decade (Dec 31st, 2019) to be entered into the random drawing. One lucky entrant will win a collection of Automox swag.

P.S. The story behind my avatar is that a coworker at Spiceworks brought me back those pink ears from a gaming convention as a present. She snapped that picture of me and it turn out to be so funny looking that I continue to use it as an avatar even though it’s 10 years and about 40 lbs ago.

Mine is Bobby Hill dressed as Link from the Legend of Zelda. I just think it’s great, there is no deeper meaning behind it.

Pretty sure mine is straightforward. Grew up in Boulder, rooting for all things CU since an early age, went to CU, still go to lots of games now that I’m old (er than college). Go Buffs!

Mine is just my face put through the Bitmoji app. Pretty accurate representation of what I actually look like. I may change at some point for yet another “Bitmojized” version of my face. It’s me, but it’s not me at the same time. Semi-anonymity!

Edit: updated for a new Bitmojized avatar. More colorful this time 🙂

Just a fun joke avatar of my co-worker as we talk about Automox!

Mine is also a bitmoji based off what I actually look like when I lean against the water cooler

Hi! Mine’s from 2DYourself. That avatar-generator dates back from the Phineas and Ferb movie promotion days.

I must have missed that site - I would totally have used a Phineas & Ferb avatar generator.

Mine is a pic of me taken by a photographer friend. Wild and crazy story, I know.

Mine is a caricature that was done at Spiceworld 2017. I get a lot of it’s you, but it isn’t.

I ended up with a d20 with an Automox logo…because company man and nerd.

The Wheel of Ka ever turns.

It is from the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. One of the best book series that exists.

Ok I used random.org to pick the winner, and that is…

@MinnesotaJoe! Congrats Joe - PM me your address and shirt size and I’ll get that swag bundle in the mail to you.