Automox detects an Older version of Google Chrome that doesn't exist

• 14 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hey all,

Ran into a very strange situation where I have a windows endpoint that is attempting to patch an older version of Google Chrome and all my activity logs say that chrome is patching successfully, however when i look at the device record, Automox still tells me the older version of Chrome is installed (version 66 strangely enough) and that the app hasn’t patched successfully. when I RDP’d over to the PC, i can see that the latest version of Chrome is installed and there are no older versions of chrome that i can see.

As you can imagine it is a buzz conversation amongst our IT SecOps team because Chrome 66 is of course absurdly old. I’m not exactly sure where else i can look to find where automox is detecting this older version of chrome that doesnt seem to be installed.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good morning FCPMoxGuy,

I definitely recommend shooting an email over to support@automox.com with the exact device name so our support engineers can help diagnose/discover where the older version is being picked up. Depending on the age of the endpoint/OS type it could be a number of things. I’ll help look for your ticket to see if we can expedite as well.

Regards,