Question

Agent instalaltion automation

• 25 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, 

I am trying to install automox agent automatically using Puppet. Issue is I have no way to check if agent is registered properly on automox, so every time puppet agent is starting deregistration and registration again. I tried to use agent to show me a group that node belongs, but there is no way to do it. I looked at API doc but I do not see a way to pull to which group node belongs. 

Is there any way to check from node itself if agent is already registered or not?

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hey there @ivicav , the list all devices API returns the “server_group_id” if you want to see which group a device belongs to. Or if you're calling the agent to set the group on install, and just need to check the device is listed in that group, you can also specify the groupID filter to list only devices in that group:

https://developer.automox.com/openapi/axconsole/operation/getDevices/

As far as I know, there isn’t any way to call the agent or check the group from the device OS itself. We install our agents automatically using Ansible and use the API calls to check everything is as expected after configuration.