Hello Automox Community!
I’m excited to announce that we have released the ability to bulk apply and remove device tags. With this feature, we’ve made it super easy to add tags to multiple devices with as few touchpoints as possible, and you can just as easily remove them. With this feature, you’ll be able to:
- Apply multiple existing and/or new tags to multiple devices
- Remove multiple tags from multiple devices
- Utilize our new batch APIs to automate applying and removing devices
If you’d like to see how this looks, check out the following screenshots:
For more information, check out the updated documentation:
- User Documentation: Managing Devices | Automox Knowledge Base
- API Documentation: Updates multiple devices (server objects).
As always, we’d love to hear your feedback on this new feature:
- What use case does this new feature help you with?
- How could we improve this feature?
Oh H*ECK yeah - nice job, team(s)!! 🤘
Let me add a tag through the API without it removing all existing tags
Thanks @Cassandra for the feedback! As part of this feature, we came out with APIs that allow you to do this! You can check out our API documentation here: Updates multiple devices (server objects).. Using this API, you can specify which tags you’d like to remove instead of removing all.
Hope that helps! Enjoy!
@vaniaxu Thank you. To clarify, if I use “action”: “apply” without specifying “remove” will it remove any tags?
@Cassandra , if you use “action”: “apply,” it will add tags to the devices and it won’t remove or overwrite any existing tags. You will need to use “action”: “remove” to remove tags. Let me know if you have any more questions!
This is great! Definitely gonna mess around with this over the weekend!
This is good stuff, nice improvement!
Is it possible to apply tags to devices through a worklet?
Yes, there is code for this here on the community like:
Thanks, @Maikel! 🤘