"Back to School...Back to Ransomware Attacks" A Blog by Chad

• 14 September 2021
  • 0 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi, everybody - Chad here. Since we’re still getting to know each other, I’m going to reveal some things about myself this morning. Aside from being a super-professional Technical Community Manager and a bottomless goldmine of accidental comedy, I’m also a long-time writer/blogger/etc. A couple of weeks ago in our Security Wrap-Up post here on AA, I wrote about a single subject for a change: the unsettling uptick in ransomware attacks against the Education sector this time of year.

I hope you get through the entire post as it’s got some great info, but if not…TL; DR: This is a damn scary time to be a school Admin, and between remote folks, campus folks, BYOD, yada yada, attackers know that you’re stretched pretty thin…and they’re getting downright nasty. But, I bet some patch automation will help you sleep at night. Well…maybe. I don’t know your life. But I do know network/endpoint security in the Education sector, as I was up to my chins in it for the better part of the last decade. If anybody ever has any questions/best practices/etc., let us know in the comments, or feel free to PM me/set up a chat. I can very literally talk security all day. It’s like…my job and stuff. 🤘

0 replies

Be the first to reply!