Worklet: Automatic OS Upgrade to Windows 10 1909

• 20 February 2020
  • 35 replies

Show first post

35 replies

@awhitman, I’ll do that, run in Powerhsell that is, missed that trick when looking at it last time, obvious thing to try!

Userlevel 5
Badge

sounds good! Send me the error that you see and I will help you through it.

Have a good weekend!

Will there be a worklet soon for 2004?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Allan,

This is being worked on as we speak and will be available soon.

Thanks

@awhitman – thanks for getting back to me. That’s great news!

@awhitman you might want to check out my companies github repo

Ive updated my original function to grab the latest ISO download link instead of a hard-coded copy. I think it relies on powershell 5 code so it no longer works on macOS and linux but it could probably be modified to do so if thats your thing. And as long as MSFT doesnt change the schema it will always grab the latest version available. In addition to that there’s also a function that does the ISO download, mounting and install for you all in one step.

Theres also function that uses the windows update assistant exe file to silently upgrade as well. This is our preferred method over the ISO install. The reboot to apply the update is shorter meaning less downtime for the user.

Finally, theres a function that installs the 1903>1909 enablement package. These are super fast to apply. If MSFT releases one for 2004, we will update the function, as this is the smoothest way to upgrade windows yet.

Userlevel 5
Badge

wow, thanks so much once again for this!! I will be sure to start testing this to see how it works in my environment!

With 2004 out, does this still work?

Userlevel 3

Don’t think so, I haven’t been able to get the download link working. Seems MS have removed/changed it.

Userlevel 4

I was looking for the 1909 ISO download path separately for another task, and I couldn’t find it. I bet you are correct.