Solved

software re-install

• 14 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I need to re-install a new palo alto VPN client software with a new profile and right now I have 2 tasks that I have to run

-uninstall software (using a generic uninstall worklet)

-install software with the new portal configuration (using requires software policy)

Start-Process msiexec.exe -Wait '/I vpn.msi /quiet PORTAL="mynewportal.test.com"'

how can this be done efficiently in maybe a 1 task? 

icon

Best answer by JohnG-Automox 21 June 2023, 14:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi @curioustoknow 

We now have the following offerings published in the Worklet Catalog that you can use:

The worklet named Configure Palo Alto GlobalProtect in specific should give you what you’re looking for, and allow for enforcement of the Portal configuration in one Worklet.

I hope this helps!

Have a great day!

Badge

Thanks john. Will this still be under 2 tasks to uninstall and then install again 

Userlevel 3

Windows - Software - Configure Palo Alto GlobalProtect is to be used as a single worklet.

It will check to see that the Portal setting matches what you specify in the $Portal variable.

If it does not match, the device will be flagged for remediation to set and configure the new Portal value.
If the device does not have GlobalProtect installed, it will be flagged for remediation to install the software with the correct Portal value.

Be sure to upload both the 32-bit and-64 bit GlobalProtect MSIs to the Worklet Payload:

You’ll also want to ensure that you complete this variable in the Evaluation Code:

And these within the remediation code:

Note: the $32bitFileName and $64bitFileName variables should match the exact name of the installers you upload to the Worklet’s payload.

Badge

I sent you a private message for review