Question

Lenovo G24e-20 not detected as a gaming monitor by Automox - How to enable gaming features?

• 21 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi Everyone

I hope you're all doing well! I come to you today seeking some assistance with an issue I've been facing with my Lenovo G24e-20 monitor. Despite being advertised as a gaming monitor, it's not being recognized as such by the Automox software. I'm hoping to tap into the collective knowledge of this wonderful community to find a solution or workaround for enabling the gaming features on this monitor.

Issue Details: Monitor Model: Lenovo G24e-20

Problem Description: I recently acquired the Lenovo G24e-20 monitor, primarily for its gaming capabilities. However, when I tried to configure gaming settings using the Automox software, I noticed that it doesn't detect the monitor as a gaming monitors. This means that I'm unable to access specific gaming features, such as higher refresh rates, adaptive sync, and other optimizations that should be available on this monitor.

If you have any other suggestions or ideas, please feel free to share them. I'm eager to get the most out of my gaming monitor and make sure I'm not missing out on any fantastic gaming experiences.

Thank you all for your time and support! I'm looking forward to your responses and hope we can find a solution together.

Best regards,

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Good morning and welcome to the Automox community, @johnharries !

Zooming out a bit on the problem you’re facing; have you reviewed the latest updates for your laptop/desktop’s graphics card and chipset? Monitors themselves typically don’t require drivers ( save for things like USB ports on the monitor ), but when the graphics card driver is out of date or missing you’ll typically see very limited options for things like refresh rate and color scheme along with some screen tearing when you drag windows around your desktop.

If you’re certain it’s not a driver problem, would you mind sharing more detail with what you’ve been utilizing within Automox in attempt to remedy this?

Look forward to your response!

- Anthony M.