Skip to main content

Hello, my name is Bob!

• 4 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I am a Sr. Systems Admin at Trine University.  Close to my 10 year anniversary here.  I’ve worked with getting Automox in our environment for close to 5 years!  Priorities/budgets aligned just in the last couple of months!  Working to decommission SCCM and WSUS and getting up to speed quickly with Automox and is complement of capabilities and features.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

10 years?! That’s amazing.

We’re so glad the stars finally aligned and welcome to the Automox Community! Hope the transition has been an easy one thus far? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Welcome aboard @AntosTrineSys . So cool you are sun-setting SCCM and WSUS. Make sure to double check those GPO for sticky settings after removing policy. We also had learned a hard lesson of default settings on some of the servers rebooting after hours due to forgotten policy configurations and out of the box configs. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/waas-wu-settings has a nice write-up and the location in the registry and GPO where to look. 

Badge

Jack - Thanks for the comment/helpful info.  Appreciate it!  I’ve been reviewing ADR’s, deployments, packages, etc.  I’ve reviewed GPO’s too (although I’ve created or edited most in our environment the past 10 years), and luckily nothing there except SCCM client modifying the local group policy for WU source to be SCCM server.  I did not think about the OOB settings on after hours rebooting, but beginning to review that now on your suggestion.