Skip to main content

Can Automox block the installation of software in realtime, or would it need to be a policy that runs X times a day?

Thank you.

Hey Mikesid,

Automox can do some things via worklet which would permanently block software installs. Meaning ‘automox’ isn’t the one actively preventing the install through anything other than endpoint configuration.

Heres an example worklet where I disable msiexec which has its own set of problems, but it gets the job done.

As you mentioned we always have the uninstall temples in the Worklet Catalog to utilize for removing unwanted software. There isn’t an approach for installation prevention in real-time as far as the agent goes.

I would recommend going the applocker route. Its really not that bad once you get the config right.

I would recommend going the applocker route. Its really not that bad once you get the config right.

We would prefer Applocker, but for us its very confusing, however we feel if we can get it right, it would be better. You wouldn’t happen to have any good guides or anything would you?