Worklet 'upload file' limitation

Hi all,
I am trying to upload an iso to the worklet, around 5gb, however, it fails with an ‘Error: An unexpected error occurred, please contact support if this problem persists.’

It finishes the 100% upload, flashes the status bar for a minute, then spits the error.

Is there a file size limit for upload? I have tried multiple files (same size), computers, internet connections.

1 Like

There should not be a limit on the upload size. Initially I thought it was because maybe your console was timing out before the upload completed, but in my testing, I was making sure it didn’t time out and I couldn’t get anything larger than 3GB to upload. We have engineering looking into this issue and we’ll keep you updated.

Thanks Tony, please let me know how you go.

I am also working with support who also suggested it might be timing out and to click around on another tab every few mins.
I’m on leave until Monday so anything you can find I’ll try then. Cheers

Hi Tony, any update on this?
I have tried the ‘using automox in another tab to not timeout’ but still doesn’t work.

Is there another location we can upload the file for it to appear in the Worklet?
It is a shame since we’ve just come on board and this was one of the items we needed to get working…

One suggestion if you can’t upload the file is to break it up into smaller files then reassemble it with Powershell? You do need to take care of disk space requirements of course.

Haven’t had much luck with that either…
Supposedly engineering have a solution that will come in soon.

Just wanted to give you an update on this one. Engineering is working on the fix - we thought we had it solved, but then testing found that our fix didn’t quite do the trick so we’re back to researching and working on a proper fix for it. Sorry for the delay!

Hi Nic, that is great news. Looking forward to it.

Hi Nic, is there any further update on this?

Unfortunately it’s a more complex fix than anticipated. It looks like the root cause is something that’s changed with AWS, rather than any code changes we did. We can’t even upload large files on the backend right now due to the same issue, so we can’t get the file uploaded for you even. Our engineers are still trying to get to the bottom of what’s changed and what we need to do to work around the issue, so I’ll keep you posted when we have new info.

If your use case involves downloading an ISO for an install, it might be possible to instead use a worklet with a curl command to do the download from the agent side rather than coming from the console. Let me know if you want to explore that avenue and I can get support to help out.

Hi Nic,

Yes some assistance would be good.
Unfortunately, we are still at 1909 due to issues with certs in 2004/20H2 so cant use the MS download location anymore.

It might be possible to store the ISO you’ve downloaded elsewhere and then have the worklet pull it from there rather than Microsoft. Let me ping the support team and see if we can’t come with a solution for you.

Yeah I will see if we can upload it to an FTP/SFTP

Ok more details to report. Just had a meeting with the PM and engineer working on this one. Our plan for now is to implement an actual file limit, probably around 1GB, and then build a tool for support so they can upload larger files on your behalf, for situations where you do need a whole 10GB ISO available to you. The problem with the timing out is related to our nginx setup, so we’re also looking into that to see if we can increase the timeout just on the file upload without changing the global timeouts. In the meantime, let me know how the SFTP option works out, and if you need help getting that to work.

Hi Rob,

Are you looking to download and mount an ISO, then execute something from the mounted image or an exe install of some kind to execute?

Here’s a basic script that can be used as a Worklet to download an exe install. I’m using Notepad++ for the example, but the URL can be changed to an FTP that you’re hosting.

$WebClient = New-Object System.Net.WebClient

$WebClient.DownloadFile(“https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/notepad-plus-plus/releases/download/v7.9/npp.7.9.Installer.exe","C:\install\npp.7.9.Installer.exe”)

Start-Process -Wait -FilePath “C:\install\npp.7.9.Installer.exe” -ArgumentList “/S”-PassThru

Exit 0

If you’re looking to mount an ISO, then I can make some additions using Mount-DiskImage.

Let me know if this in the direction that you’re looking for though.

Thanks!

Great thanks Nic, let me know how it goes.

Hi @AX-Jon

Yes I am mounting the 1909 ISO and executing the setup. The worklet works fine (tested it locally and can use it downloading the 20H2 ISO), just need the ability to upload the file.

Had tried to split it into 5 parts using the 7zip PS module, however didn’t have much luck with that.

Do you have the 1909 ISO hosted anywhere or a URL where it is available? I can work on scripting the image mount and execution portion of the script.

Thanks!

Hi, no not yet. Likely will get up on our CDN this week.
I’ve got a few other worklets downloading from CDN so should be ok, thank you :slight_smile:

Sounds good! If you run into and issues and need assistance, just let us know. Thanks!