Worklet: Automatic OS Upgrade to Windows 10 2004

Note: We’ve had to pull down this worklet code due to some users having issues with unexpected reboots. We’ll post the fixed code again once we’ve worked out the bugs.

1 Like

For UK English support, change these values in the Remediation code:

$lang = "English International"
$locID = "en-GB"
$skuID = "9960"
1 Like

¿How can I know de $skuID for es-ES?

Here you go. Let me know how that works out for you.
skuId=9982

1 Like

Giving this a try with a group of 5 pcs.
so far 2 have shown up in my activity report. They show activity that the worklet started, but they both error out with the following:
C:\ProgramData\amagent\execDir956775567\execcmd365242018.ps1 : .iso linked was successfully created but download Failed. Reference c:\windows \temp\output.csv for more information or contact Automox Support + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:slight_smile: [Write-Error], WriteErrorException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,execcmd365242018.ps1 COMMAND TIMED OUT.

I’ve checked the output and it’s blank.

Same error here. In both English and Spanish versions.

Maybe $lang should be “Spanish (Spain)”? Does anyone know?

Thanks

We are currently running through some testing to attempt to replicate the errors. I will provide an update when we have more.

2 Likes

In case anyone was running into issues with Surface devices, they’ve now removed the block on updating those to 2004:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I was just trying to update lots of surfaces. The next week I’ll try againg and post here if everything was alright.

1 Like

How about language packs? Is there a way to configure that it will check the current language pack set as default and setting it back to default once the upgrade is finished?

For your info; most of our systems have base image which is native EN-US with above multiple language packs installed (e.a. Polish, Dutch, German and French)

1 Like

agreed this would be very helpfull if it considers the active
language of the system.

Same :frowning:

"C:\ProgramData\amagent\execDir354437711\execcmd852126050.ps1 : .iso linked was successfully created but download Failed. Reference c:\windows \temp\output.csv for more information or contact Automox Support + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:slight_smile: [Write-Error], WriteErrorException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,execcmd852126050.ps1 COMMAND TIMED OUT. "

This is also not alerting end users about a pending reboot…

I updated the code this worklet was based on to detect system locale and generate an ISO that matches. Automox Support could probably use some of that logic for a v2

I believe language is tied to the windows user and not the system. But I could be wrong.

Note: We’ve had to pull down this worklet code due to some users having issues with unexpected reboots. We’ll post the fixed code again once we’ve worked out the bugs.

We ran into the same issue trying it with the following flags: /NoReboot, /NoRestartUI, /NoRestart.
None of them worked. Hope you guys can figure it out. My guess is msft goofed up with the installer on these new ISOs.

1 Like

@dhamilton @Devas @amj

I was able to reproduce the same error in my test environment. I am currently working on a fix, but have nothing more to share at the moment. I will update this post once I have a fix for it.

2 Likes

@awhitman Thanks Adam please do as we had to functionally break Aumox in our environment to get it to stop. It was actually causing the 1909 and 2004 update worklets to kind of tag team the endpoints.

2 Likes