What video games are you playing at the moment?

download

I’ve had to force myself to take a break from roller skating due to a bad knee, so I have plenty of time for video games! I have a massive list of video games that I need to play, but that list is dwarfed by the list of games that I want to buy. Right now, I’m working my way through Final Fantasy VIII again and trying to do every single thing I can, which means I’m 30 hours in and not even halfway through.

After I finally finish that, I’ll probably play the Bioshock trilogy, which I’ve surprisingly never played! Now that we’re all most likely cooped up indoors for a while, are there any video games that you’re currently working your way through? And any recommendations for someone that wants to add to their atrociously long list?

Currently I’m working through Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Hades, and playing Phasmophobia most weekends.

I’ve heard so many good things about Hades but haven’t had a chance to pick it up yet. I probably should, based on all of the rave reviews.

I got it on sale on Switch on Black Friday, but haven’t fired Hades up yet. I’m playing AC:Valhalla, which is similar to Origins (since it’s the same team that did that version, versus another team that did Odyssey). It’s pretty much just more open world AC, if you like that sort of thing.

We’ve talked about this but I’ve never played an Assassin’s Creed game in my life, haha. But, I am a fan of open world games, so I might buy it when it goes on super sale later.

I hadn’t been able to get into the series until Odyssey. That’s still my favorite and you can pick that one up cheap with all the DLC.

The best of the old ones is Black Flag, but they feel like totally different games from Origins onwards. I am loving Odyssey, it’s so fun to get lost in. I’ll be getting Valhalla later as well.

2 Likes

I recently started playing Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity on the Switch and I’m thoroughly enjoying that one.

1 Like

Good to know! My friend is obsessed with Odyssey and has almost convinced me to grab it.

That game looks really good! I still need to play Breath of the Wild… we’ve had it for so long but I’ve never actually gotten around to playing much of it.

Diablo 2 reared its ugly head again. Were any of you aware that there is a community-driven multiplayer server set that expands on the mechanics/drops/gameplay significantly?! It is a potential problem, yet again.

1 Like

F1 2020, RDR2 and Brawl Stars with my son :grin:

2 Likes

I only discovered it looking for a way to improve the QOL around the game on a 4k monitor.

Good news: They address it!

Bad news: They really REALLY addressed the hell out of it.

1 Like

Breath of the Wild easily ranks among the top 5 on my list of all time favorites.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve heard! Okay, I’ll try and put that at the top of my list of games to play.

But, like I said before, that is a very long list… so we’ll see haha