Tip of the day: @ mentions

Like many community and social platforms, you can tag someone with the @ symbol and their username. After you type @ it will try to autocomplete the username you start to type, and it will feature people already involved in the topic at the top of the autocomplete list to make them easier to tag.

14%20AM

Once you tag someone it will send them a notification email and will show in their notification list (the number that appears above your avatar, for unseen notifications).

1 Like

@gavin … hi.

3 Likes

@Nic @Nic @Nic

Looks like it works.

2 Likes

There is a limit of 10 mentions per post, so that’s as many times as you can mention people and have it still work :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic @Nic

Hmm… looks like it accepts more. Unless it’s 10 unique folks.

2 Likes

If I quote it does it re-tag/alert you?

2 Likes

It’ll let you put more than 10, but it will only notify 10 individual people per post. And I don’t get multiple invites if you tag me multiple times so unfortunately that doesn’t allow you to pester me that way :slight_smile:

1 Like

@nic I can always make it a habit to call you on every post if you’re worried I can’t find ways to pester you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah but then I can mute you and then I don’t get any notifications from you! :smile:

2 Likes