Poll: Would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?

• 1 horse-sized duck
  • 100 duck-sized horses

0 voters

Explain your reasoning and fight strategy below. This article explains where this poll came from and they think they have the correct answer (although I happen to disagree with their choice).

1 Like

This is a tough one. I was leaning 1 horse-sized duck at first but I think I’m going to go with 100 duck-sized horses. My only worry with the horses is their speed. That said, if you scale a horse down that much, their tiny mouths will be worthless for any real affective biting and they sure as hell aren’t going to have enough mass to really make kicking a factor either. It’ll be more like somebody flicking you or something.

The fight that would need to ensue to take down a horse sized duck would be taxing and that whippy quacker neck would be brutal to deal with. I think it’d be relatively easy to just start punting tiny horses though.

Bring on the pint ponies, please.

2 Likes

100 duck sized horses all the way. Birds are mean little dinosaurs, and one the size of a horse is too intimidating.

1 Like

SO ANOTHER CONSIDERATION: If the duck is that large, it probably has a deeper lower quack. Listen to this and tell me you aren’t terrified. This is straight up nightmare fuel:

2 Likes

That is terrifying. It’s like something out of Jurassic Park.

Now imagine a giant duck in the middle of the night coming around the corner and making that noise at you while you’re walking all alone in the woods because clearly you made some poor choices along the way.

2 Likes

Correspondingly, here’s what a duck-sized horse might sound like:

1 Like

lol this one seems a bit less scientific but…

2 Likes

i would fight 100 duck sized horses. A horse sized anything leaves very little margin for error. If it starts flapping it’s wings it could either smash me, knock me over, or hurtle it’s self on top of me. With it’s bird bones it wouldn’t be as heavy as a horse but it would still cause some damage. All those insulating feathers would provide a decent amount of armor as well.
Tiny horses would be no problem assuming you attack from the edges and they have zero knowledge of squad/flock based tactics.
Key is not letting yourself get surrounded. Move to the edge of the herd or back yourself into a corner. Horses have very few frontal attack options so force them to chase you as you pick them off.

1 Like