Poll: Are you working from home?

• My employer has made wfh mandatory
  • My employer has made wfh optional
  • My employer still requires me to come in to the office

0 voters

How many of you are working from home versus still having to come in to the office?

1 Like

Sitting at the office right now!

1 Like

Do they have any plans to change that or is your job something that you can’t do remote?

1 Like

I can do most of my job remotely, but I do IT for a manufacturing plant and most of our faculty can’t do that from home, obviously. So, I’m still working to enable whose who can to be able to work from home, but we’re “business as usual”
until we’re forced to operate otherwise.

We’ve implemented “social distancing breaktimes” today with extra break times and less people per break, but other than adding sanitizing stations nothing has really changed here.

2 Likes

I am here in the office, but that is changing very soon (like in the next few minutes lol)

2 Likes

Makes sense and good that they’re taking precautions for those that have to be in the office.

2 Likes

Full-time wfh, so I’m used to being quarantined.

3 Likes

Mandatory but we rely heavily on the network for a province-wide Health Centre network I manage. When things go south, I am heading back in (ie last night 9 PM).

3 Likes

They haven’t closed our offices, but it was heavily suggested we work from home.

2 Likes

I am now at home, at least until the end of the month.

1 Like

That’s good. I’m assuming the library is closed? Is your main job just helping your coworkers get online from home at this point, or are there other things you have to keep running?

I started getting messages at 3:15am asking for assistance. I have been on the phone, email, hangouts and chat just trying to help or answer questions.
I am also trying to finish my Unitrends certification, set up training for staff, watch webinars.

1 Like