Photo of the Day Thread: Share your favorite photos you've taken, one per day

Let’s have a little fun, bring some fun photos to the community, and celebrate each other’s work.

Basic Rules: Only one photo per person, per day. Comment all you want though!

Outside work, I’m usually found behind a camera and was thinking it would great to see others in the community and their work. I typically focus on landscapes but have found myself drawn into city life more due to covid. Here is one of my favorite photos from my last trip abroad before lockdown.

3 Likes

A photo I took last night of my friend’s contemporary art gallery.

3 Likes

Dang Richard, every photo you take looks amazing.

1 Like

Thanks @BrandonCampbell! I appreciate it

I was pretty happy with this little guy I found near the pond by my house

3 Likes

Birds are my arch nemesis when it comes to photos. I get lucky sometimes, but most often it’s crap

I’ve heard from bird watchers that birds are way more sensitive to visual cues that sound. So you can be as noisy as you want getting close, but stay out of sight and don’t point at the bird to show your friend. The bird will pick that pointing up and fly away because it’s smart enough to know you might be pointing out the bird to the gal with the gun.

A shot from Kenya last year that actually got accepted to an art show next month.

3 Likes

This one it my Favorite of the ones you have shown before.

1 Like

@BrandonCampbell - Shameless plug - I have it for sale (slight blemish) - https://www.melickphotography.com/merch/sluage1jaa3zc1sxpxpz5pkf58xqen

With my phone so it’s not fantastic.

2 Likes

From the same place they filmed jurassic park. Biggest trees ive ever seen.

2 Likes

2 Likes

A little film action today. This was taken on a 70s Canon FX with Porta 160 35mm film. Manual shutter - probably about 3 seconds.

2 Likes

Definitely captured the 70s feel!

1 Like

This is wonderful. One of my favorites of your portfolio.

1 Like

Another from my time in Africa at the Masai Mara Conservancy.

3 Likes

Storm rolling in to Walker Ranch earlier this summer

4 Likes

Rock Art in Sego Canyon, UT

3 Likes

Don’t have a DSLR, only a mobile phone :grinning:20200809_072452|690x326

3 Likes