New Year's Resolutions for 2021?

Probably not the best year for it, but did anyone have the energy to make any new year’s resolutions? I think my only one is to get vaccinated for COVID as soon as possible.

1 Like

I am not holding myself to any strict resolutions (like number of hours/week spent on X) but I do have some general goals for the year -

• Spend more time moving around, whether that’s roller skating or just taking more walks
  • Play a broader variety of video games
  • Listen to new music
2 Likes

I actually didn’t know I had a resolution until I got a gift of a journal and storymatic (cards that randomly generate story/character elements). Now my resolution is to write for at least 15 minutes every day

3 Likes

I got a fitbit for christmas so my new years goal is to walk 10k steps everyday. Its harder than I thought it would be! With the pandemic and mostly staying home I haven’t been going very far but I didn’t realize just how few steps I was taking until I got a tracker. Many walks are in my future.

1 Like

One personal and one professional(ish) goal this year:
Personal - I moved to a 18/6 intermittent fasting plan. Still far too early to say whether it is working/doing anything of note, but I’ve stuck to it to this point.

Second one is a bit longer term. I’ve wanted to revamp the way I take notes and track my day to day. In the past, a simple picture of a page of my notes would easily land me on some sort of watch list based on the penmanship alone, and that says nothing about the structure or content. I’ve settled on a modified Zettelkasten method that I’m ascribing to. My goal is to make sure to synthesize jumbled quick writings/scribbles into structured notes within 24 hours, then identify tasks to prioritize and plan/schedule them into my calendar within 48 hours. So far, this one is more than a hint behind, but it will be a learning process retraining myself to take notes and synthesize them.

One of my resolutions this year is to read more. I was doing well last year but moved to a new apartment and kind of fell off. I’ve got a stack of books and am trying to commit at least 30 minutes a day (hopefully an hour or more). Personal finance, autobiographies, and self improvement books are on my shelf right now.

1 Like

My resolution is to drink more water. I was really good about it when I first moved to Denver, because I was SO thirsty all the time, but now I just forget.

I also got an Apple Watch for Christmas, and while it is not really a resolution, I am determined to close my exercise rings every day. I get annoyed when the watch doesn’t count what I do as exercise :joy:

1 Like