How many customers/endpoints do you support?

And how big is your IT department? I’m always interested to see what the ratio of sysadmins to users is, especially across different industries.

1 Like

Our IT department is about 25 people for 500+ users. There are 3 of us IT nerds in the US office, and the other 22 or so are in our Hong Kong office. Because we are a smaller company, we end up wearing a lot of hats. I don’t have a network admin, an infrastructure admin, a user admin, etc. There are just a few of us who share all of those responsibilities.

It’s fun because we get to learn from each other and tackle problems together.

2 Likes

Do you ever get to visit the Hong Kong office? I’ve been there once as a kid, but haven’t been to that area of the world lately.

1 Like

I may be going some time this year since we are evaluating Microsoft Teams. If this gets approved we will migrate from G Suite to Office 365 and configure Azure Active Directory. Since this would affect so many things, I’ve told my boss it would be great if I could have some face-to-face time with the Hong Kong IT team. He agrees.

Haven’t been there yet, but sounds like it would be a great place to go. Hopefully the demonstrations will quiet down soon and China will play nice.

2 Likes

I support three sister companies with a total of about 125 endpoints between the three.

3 Likes

Welcome @kstevens! Is it just you supporting all three?

1 Like

Pretty much. There are three of us in the IT Department, One dedicated soley for EDI and me and the IT director for everything else. Never a boring day.

2 Likes

That sounds like a lot for one person to support - I hope they’ll at least get you an intern at some point!

1 Like

About 70 endpoints and 2 of us to support. We do outsource a lot so whats left day-to-day is mainly desktop support. However, seems to take up more time than it should and why we love Automox as makes our job that little bit easier!

4 Likes

Agro & Food industry: 25 Windows Desktop/Notebook users, 5 iMac/Macbook users, 14 iPad user and some others iPhone and random phones. Actually I have a cluster with Vm Ware managed with vSan solution. Office 365 as main mail system, 5 Vm with windows servers and other Vm’s for other services. Firewall in HA. 3 Radio bridge, 2 fibers connection intranet. 6 Industrial machine connected in the main net, others in orphan net and so many other things related to Silo and Warehouse. I work alone with just support for management software (I’m not a dev ) and actually I’m also managing foreign logistic department ( client relation, issue with carrier and orders ) but i should finally become only the IT guy, i hope as fast as possible so i can really optimize a lot of sh*t and help people to loss less time and work safer.

4 Likes

I’m sitting right around 500ish right now.

2 Likes

Number of clients varies (nature of MSP biz), but we’re supporting about 300 machines across the current client base and are in talks with a few other prospectives.

2 Likes

The most I’ve supported in past jobs is around 8k.

2 Likes

Most I’ve managed was about 22k endpoints. Physical desktop/laptop and persistent/non-persistent virtual.

4 Likes

I think you win with 22k! Anyone managed more than that?

1 Like

Holy cow!

1 Like