Friday Fun Fact(s?)

Happy Friday, everybody - Chad here. While doing my Friday research, I realized that one of today’s Friday Fun Fact(s) was so singular in its nature that we’re not even going to try to include any others. On this very day in 1992, Mortal Kombat was released in arcades.

finishhim

I don’t know about y’all, but y’all…this game very nearly cost me some pretty close friendships. To this day, I’ll always hear “Finish him!!” in my friend Chris’s voice. I’m in my 40s now so the nightmares have nearly stopped, but I’m still not a fan of the MK games…call it past trauma, if you like.

You may be younger than me and might no have the memories of the original arcade version that I do, but don’t worry - when Mortal Kombat came into our homes on gaming consoles, things only got worse. My buddy Jon was never the same, and is yet to fully recover emotionally.

So…how did MK impact your life? Positively? Negatively? “WTF is ‘Mortal Kombat’”? No wrong answers here. :metal:

1 Like

I actually didn’t ever play Mortal Kombat until 10 came out! That was a game that caused plenty of fights between me and my fiancé :stuck_out_tongue:

I am afraid to admit though… I’m a button masher.

1 Like