Favorite IT books?

I’m a huge fan of Tom Limoncelli and everything he’s written. TPOSANA opened my eyes about many things in IT. I was fortunate enough to see him talk and hang out with him at SpiceWorld 2013 & 2014.

What are your favorite books about the practice of IT?

1 Like

Maybe not quite what you are asking for, but Design Patterns by Erich Gamma, John Vlissides, Richard Helm, and Ralph Johnson.

It was a recommended reading on college and it was really interesting. It was a sad day when it didn’t fit in my luggage when I relocated. It’s still at my parents place.

I’ve referenced some guides here and there but I can’t say I’ve honestly ever read an IT book, cover to cover.

1 Like

The books I read are reference books and are not meant to be read cover-to-cover anyway, unless you want to absolutely read the 3500 pages of the Deitel Complete C# Reference 42nd Edition…

2 Likes

You really should. It picks up about halfway through and the twist at the end will leave you speechless.

2 Likes

“He was writing code in an unsafe block, and you’ll never believe what happens on page 2468!”

2 Likes

I have a few For Dummies books, a couple CompTIA books, and loads of others that I haven’t yet read nor can I remember the names of, but my favorites would have to be the For Dummies ones; I’m a dummy and those things are easy to understand. :wink:

This book helped me a lot:

He illustrates all the protocols with examples from his LAN. Especially fascinating is when he finds and demonstrates errors in the implementations on various operating systems.

3 Likes

Can’t say any of the “IT” books I have read were a favorite. I read them to learn and most of those were back in College days, long long ago. Subjects like OSI model, binary or TCP/IP aren’t usually read to enjoy.

1 Like

I have no favorite, but I do have a lot of books at my fingertips. lol

3 Likes

Do you wear book gloves?

2 Likes

No, but I do go through a lot of hand sanitizer.

4 Likes