Are you limiting your travel due to coronavirus?

And of course the conspiracy theorists are jumping on the COVID-19 bandwagon:

One of the managers took it upon herself to hand out laptops to staff without IT knowledge.

1 Like

I know we’re not supposed to touching our faces but…

1 Like

WHAT???
That is not a “Management” move, totally irresponsible.

2 Likes

The director is furious. He had no idea that this happened. I said I want to know who all took what, and they need to sign an agreement form for library equipment.

Let us know how many of those laptops actually end up being accounted for :slight_smile:

1 Like

They will all get returned. In what condition will be the question.

1 Like

Good article on how the influx of wfh is shifting employee behavior, making UEBA tougher to do:

Basecamp is offering their services for free for first responders and others involved in the COVID response:

That counts for existing customers too.

1 Like

Combination of cool and creepy:

Apparently the aim is to tell you if you’ve been near someone with COVID, based on everyone’s phone location.

I am now prepared for when I have to go out.

1 Like

You need some monster teeth on that.

1 Like

I would need fabric paint.

I think it looks badass with just the black. Makes you look like a Mortal Kombat character!

1 Like

This mask makes me want a ninja costume.

giphy (12)

1 Like

Bad news for anyone who applied for SBA relief:

Hopefully if you did apply, you weren’t one of the 8k potentially exposed.

1 Like

Some good news in this article:

Looks like the reports of people getting re-infected were false positives.

2 Likes

One side effect of the quarantine is longer wait times for organ transplants, due to less people on the roads:

We need more research into 3D printing organs. Unfortunately genetically modifying animal organs to avoid rejection didn’t pan out as an approach. Every time they suppressed one of the cell proteins that triggered an immune reaction, the immune system of the human would identify another protein to attack. Turned into a game of whack a mole (source: my dad worked in biotech on these sorts of projects).

Well, I did get on a plane over the weekend to go to Arizona.

2 Likes