An interview with lotek831

Here’s interview #3, with @lotek831 Check out the first two interviews here and here.

ben

Tell us a bit about yourself?

My name is Ben but my family and friends either call me BC or Bud. Originally from San Jose, CA but now living on the central coast. Went to school for business but I ended up doing multiple jobs like most people (coffee shop, medical billing, member database management) but always had a thing for tech. My parents both worked in Silicon Valley and I always have fond memories of visiting them at work and thinking that I wanted to do that someday.

How did you get your start in IT?

I got my first IT job with my current company. There were some changes happening and an opportunity to work in the IT department came open, so I applied, and I was able to move into the department. I started with getting all my CompTIA certifications and made sure that any opportunity I could get to learn, I jumped at. I am very lucky to work at an organization that allows us to grow and wants us to succeed.

You mentioned that you work at the Northern California Golf Association - are you an avid golfer yourself?

Lol golfer yes but not that avid. We are located in Pebble Beach so it’s the mecca for golf but I get it in when I can. I will admit it is nice when we have those stressful days that we can just walk out and hit a few golf balls or work on the putting game.

What else do you like to do in your spare time?

I would say I am a beer and BBQ guy, so I love to get out and BBQ for the family and I used to make my own beer and cider. Don’t have the space for it now but it is something I enjoy doing and love to hear what people think when trying it. The last thing we made was a strawberry cider which was good, but It would like to go back and make some beer again. You can also catch my wife and I at concerts as we love live music and been lucky to have seen some great artists.

Favorite quote, saying or motto?

Did you put in a ticket for that?

Arnold (Samuel L. Jackson) Jurassic park: Hold onto your butts.

Thanks Bud! Feel free to ask @lotek831 any other questions in the comments below.

1 Like

Ah ah ah, you didn’t say the magic word

1 Like

Beer and BBQ guy? I, too, am a man of class.