FEATURE REQUEST - Groups/Subgroups Functionality

• 14 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Not sure if this is the correct way to submit a feature request… but…

The usefulness of the parent/subgroup structure could be better. As it is now, it appears that subgroups only serve as a visual aid and nothing more.

When working in reports or device filters (for example), I would love to be able to select the parent group and have that instantly include the subgroups in my results. Right now I am required to select each individual subgroup.

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Not sure if this is the correct way to submit a feature request… but…

The usefulness of the parent/subgroup structure could be better. As it is now, it appears that subgroups only serve as a visual aid and nothing more.

When working in reports or device filters (for example), I would love to be able to select the parent group and have that instantly include the subgroups in my results. Right now I am required to select each individual subgroup.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback! I’ve added this to our internal feature request log.

In the meantime, we added the ability to add tags to devices to empower the organization of devices among multiple groups. If you haven’t yet, you might try adding tags and sorting things that way to help target all of the devices within multiple groups (nested or otherwise).
https://help.automox.com/hc/en-us/articles/5603364583188-Device-Targeting-with-Filters

Cheers,
Brandon

Badge

Thanks Brandon!

Tags have been extremely helpful in some areas of Automox to be sure. However, I don’t see a way to use it in Reports. Pre Patch Report (for example) only gives the option for Groups.

Anyway, thanks for you reply!