Solved

Exclude software from reports

• 11 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

i wanted to ask if theres a posibility to exclude software from reports or general statistics i know there’s an option to exclude devices but i didnt find anything about software i guess is that this option doesn’t exist in automox ?

Thanks

Regards.

icon

Best answer by BrandonG-Automox 11 October 2022, 18:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi everyone,

i wanted to ask if theres a posibility to exclude software from reports or general statistics i know there’s an option to exclude devices but i didnt find anything about software i guess is that this option doesn’t exist in automox ?

Thanks

Regards.

Hi Sven,

Can you describe which report you are referencing for this question? Could you also explain the use case for wanting to hide software from the report you have in mind?

If you go to the Software tab, you can select individual patch packages to “Ignore” from a patching perspective. That means they would be excluded from patch policies and compliance measurements, so the patch policies would no longer patch that software you have set to “Ignore.”

Here are two articles in our Knowledge Base that cover Software Inventory and reference how to “Ignore” a specific patch or software package.
https://help.automox.com/hc/en-us/articles/5385281969812-Viewing-Software-Inventory

https://help.automox.com/hc/en-us/articles/5384948787988-Configuring-Software-on-a-Device

Cheers,

Brandon

Badge

Hi Brandon,

I completly forgot that this option existed “ignore” thanks for the fast response.

The idea of hiding software from reports is that we have to use a specific Java version (8u202) since the latest java updates are going to be paid like and not free anymore, we need to do monthly reports about the status of the devices so if we had like 50% of devices up to date with the latest java version i imagine that this number are going to descent if deploy the 202 version thats why i need to exclude it form the reports and general statistics.

Thanks

Regards.