Just Released - Flexible Device Targeting

• 7 July 2021
  • 5 replies
Just Released - Flexible Device Targeting
Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello Automox Community!

I’m Vania 👋 - a Product Manager here at Automox!

I’m excited to announce that we’ve released “Flexible Device Targeting” today. With Flexible Device Targeting, you will see a new option called “Device Targeting” while creating and modifying policies that allow you to create filters based on the following device attributes:

• Tags

• Hostname

• OS

• IP Address

Any policies that have device targeting enabled will only run on devices that match the device filters you’ve created. With this new capability, policies become even more flexible as you will now be able to run policies on a subset of devices regardless of what group the devices are in.

In the following screenshots, you can see the new section called “Device Targeting” as well as the “Preview Impacted Devices” pop-up that shows you in real-time the devices the policy will target.

For more information, check out the following links:

As always, we’d love to hear your feedback on this new feature:

• What use case(s) does this feature help you with?

• What else could we do to make this feature even more powerful and helpful for you?

Thanks!

Vania

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Party time! 🤩 This is going to be AWESOME.

Userlevel 2

Be sure to view a short explainer video of our new Flexible Device Targeting capability!

Automox Update - Flexible Device Targeting - YouTube

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Love this! Thanks Automox Team! Can already see a huge return on this one.

What I think would make this even more powerful is enabling a list of options be pasted in. For example if I paste a list in like this

Have it show up like this

Rather than this

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @jack.smith!

That is a GREAT suggestion! Thank you so much for the feedback! I’ll pass this along to our dev team and see what we can do. 😉

Cheers!

Can we get targeting of chassis types? This information can be pulled via WMI query.