• StickPassword

• Enpass

• Password Boss

• Post-it Notes

• I reuse passwords so I only have to remember one

voters

21 replies

Userlevel 7

I made this poll anonymous to protect the guilty 🙂 (and also for security reasons).

I use @TheConsigliere - he writes them all down for me.

Userlevel 5

I’ve been using LastPass forever, but I’ve been considering moving to Dashlane recently.

Userlevel 7

I made the switch from LastPass to Dashlane a couple years ago and I’ve been happier with Dashlane.

I use LastPass for my personal stuff and I have been using Dashlane for work, and there are things that I do and don’t like about both of them. I find myself a little less frustrated with lastpass overall, but maybe only because I’ve been using it longer.

Made the switch away from 1password to gopass and haven’t looked back:

LastPass at home, KeePass at work

Why is their mascot a mighty bean version of flava flav?

LastPass and Bitwarden – just hesitant to fully move as I am on LastPass for very long time …Both have certain features that I like or dislike 🙂

Haha! I think it’s the Golang gopher (gopass is written in Go) with a lock around his neck, but your description is tough to compete with. Either way, it’s definitely a Flava Flav ripoff!

I just write all my passwords down in my little black book 😉

most of my users leave post-it notes on the monitor

Why waste a post-it note? Just write it on the bezel directly.

Our company uses OneLogin: https://www.onelogin.com/

We switched from LastPass to Dashlane a year ago, and are in the process of switching back. I was recommending Dashlane but can no longer do so. Hopefully the financing they have helps with their development but we just couldn’t hold out any longer. Good luck with exporting your passwords out of Dashlane, be prepared for hours of work manually copying the site URLs.

At home I just started using Bitwarden, even paid for the Family plan. I’m liking that very much, wish I’d gone with that over LP for work, TBH.

Nic, you missed Excel in your list!

Userlevel 7

Good call - I’ll have to remember to include that next time @LimeyRat!

I’m not going to say that I have an excel sheet with passwords in it, but…

Badge

Exactly this

Badge

It’s entirely CLI based?! I’ve never heard of this before.

Badge

Haven’t been using a password manager for a long while, did have Dashlane but was just too much trouble. After seeing this poll I tried a couple and think I have settled on keePass. Really like it mobility.

Thanks for all the input you provided 😀

Userlevel 7

Looks like Dropbox is wanting to get in on the game: