Trying to figure out a ticketing system....

• 7 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

So I used Spiceworks in the past but meh… they’ve all but given up supporting it the way most companies support their products and the on-prem is dead. The cloud one just doesn’t do it for us either.

We are currently using this equally ugly concoction our dev team baked up and it’s causing a lot of problems.

I’ve been casually looking for months now but nothing has really clicked. Honestly - my requirements are very simple:

• It’s 2020, I want it to be pretty. I want it to literally look like Google did it. Over complexity in the UI drives me nuts.

• I don’t need anything crazy as far as features go. I just want tickets to be created and closed and later reported against. I also want a KB if that’s available but we have Confluence right now so it’s not a dealbreaker. I just like being able to attached a KB article to a ticket.

• I don’t want to break the bank for a stupid ticketing system.

I’ve seen a billion of them in the last few months and there are pieces of some I like but nothing has really stood out as just a clean, simple, and smooth system that we should have in 2020. Any suggestions?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

You already have Confluence, so you may as well stick with Atlassian.

Jira ServiceDesk, $10 for 3 agents.

It does look pretty, but learning curve for the more interesting features is steep.

And you can link it with confluence for tickets etc.

Try Service Desk Plus by ManageEngine. They offer a help desk solution that also comes with change management, CMDB, asset management, and for fairly inexpensive.

I use Freshdesk, same as what our Consortium and some vendors use.