Solved

Worklet COMMAND TIMED OUT. error

• 19 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m attempting to use the Worklet from the catalog named “EXE Software Installation (System Wide-All Users)”. With only a couple of variables I’m at a loss why it is coming back with the error of “COMMAND TIMED OUT.”

I’m running the policy on a system that Automox sees online at this time. Has anyone run into this?

icon

Best answer by JohnG-Automox 19 April 2023, 22:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi @tylerawoods,

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this Worklet!

Typically a COMMAND TIMED OUT error occurs in a Worklet when a component of the script is unable resolve. That could be due to a missing variable, file path, faulty installation arguments, or simply the execution of the script/binary never completed for any reason.

To cover our bases, let’s make sure you have the Evaluation code set correctly.

You’ll want to ensure that you fulfill these two variables (lines 30 and 31) of the Evaluation Code:

$displayName = ''
$displayVersion = ''

I recommend installing the desired software on a test device and matching the application name and version exactly as you see it in Add/Remove Programs.

For the Remediation Code, you’ll want to ensure firstly that you upload your exe file to the Worklet’s Payload:

You’ll then want to fill out the following variables (lines 38 through 41):

$displayName = ''
$displayVersion = ''
$fileName = ''
$arguments = ''

Again, the $displayName and $displayVersion should match as you see it in Add/Remove Programs on an installed device.  

The $fileName variable should exactly match the file name that is uploaded to the Worklet Payload.

And finally, the $arguments variable should include the vendor-supplied parameters you are trying to pass to the exe installer.  For example ‘/S’ for a silent install. 

After confirming all of the above, you should see an entry in your Automox Activity Log when the Worklet executes (be it manually or via a schedule).

If you are still experiencing the COMMAND TIMED OUT error, let’s get a ticket logged with Support@automox.com so we can take a closer look at how your Worklet is configured.

Have a great day!

Badge

Well dang… I had typo in the “$displayName” variable of the Evaluation Code and once I fixed that it worked like a charm. Thank you. Been staring at it too long.