Question

.net core worklet

• 7 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Has or does anyone have a worklet to update .net core versions? I don’t really want to reinvent the wheel here if I don’t have too. Thought I would ask here before I took a deep dive into it myself. 

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Has or does anyone have a worklet to update .net core versions? I don’t really want to reinvent the wheel here if I don’t have too. Thought I would ask here before I took a deep dive into it myself. 

Hello Scott,

We have a preconfigured Worklet in the Worklet Catalog accessible directly in the Automox Console called “Update ASP.net Core” that might help with what you’re looking to accomplish.

Even if ASP.net is not the specific software you want to update, you can follow the general outline of how it checks for current software versions to model your own, new, custom Worklet. Our engineers have added a good amount of commentary in the script to explain what each portion is doing.

Cheers,

Brandon

Badge

Hello Scott,

We have a preconfigured Worklet in the Worklet Catalog accessible directly in the Automox Console called “Update ASP.net Core” that might help with what you’re looking to accomplish.

Even if ASP.net is not the specific software you want to update, you can follow the general outline of how it checks for current software versions to model your own, new, custom Worklet. Our engineers have added a good amount of commentary in the script to explain what each portion is doing.

Cheers,

Brandon

Hi Brandon, 

This is a great idea, but unfortunately .net framework / .net can be installed multiple ways. We ended up getting something working for two machines then only to find out the other machines installed it via visual studio and not the MIS/EXE off the Microsoft site. We tried to do the same thing with the visual studio installer, but we weren’t having any luck. We have put this in our backlog for now and may revisit it later. 

Thanks for the help!

Scott Athey

Badge

Opened a ticket and was directed to the customer success team. After talking with them we were told that we would need to pay money for automox to build this out for us. So basically not able to remove old versions at this time.