Question

How often Automox Agent connect to the Cloud - Random agent disconnected

• 11 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi Guys, i would like to know how often the Automox agent connect to the cloud? i have a tenant with 383 machines installed,  65 right now are in disconnected state, from weeks to more than 6 months.

Probably some of them were rebuilded but not all of them, so why could they appear as disconnected? i see some of those “disconnected” machines online in other systems that we have.

Also i see some machines with the agent installed,  disconnected, and the “Automox Agent” service disappeared, I had to uninstall the agent from one “disconnected” machine today, re-install resolve the issue, the service re-appear and machine is online again in the Automox console. 

So, second question why a Machine with agent installed, that appear “Disconnected in the cloud console, lost the Automox Agent” service?  is that normal, that happend to anybody before?

Thanks for any help.  just trying to figure out why online machines are “disconnected” and Automox Agent service disappeared.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Guys, i would like to know how often the Automox agent connect to the cloud? i have a tenant with 383 machines installed,  65 right now are in disconnected state, from weeks to more than 6 months.

Probably some of them were rebuilded but not all of them, so why could they appear as disconnected? i see some of those “disconnected” machines online in other systems that we have.

Also i see some machines with the agent installed,  disconnected, and the “Automox Agent” service disappeared, I had to uninstall the agent from one “disconnected” machine today, re-install resolve the issue, the service re-appear and machine is online again in the Automox console. 

So, second question why a Machine with agent installed, that appear “Disconnected in the cloud console, lost the Automox Agent” service?  is that normal, that happend to anybody before?

Thanks for any help.  just trying to figure out why online machines are “disconnected” and Automox Agent service disappeared.

Hi Roger,

Thanks for reaching out. We have encountered some devices that are not gracefully disconnected from the Automox servers and therefore simply require you to manually restart the Automox Agent service on that particular device. We are releasing a new Agent version (40) and undergoing a scheduled maintenance window this weekend to address this for our end users.

You can manually restart the services on any disconnected devices, but be aware the upcoming maintenance will shut down our servers during the window which may cause them to disconnect again. Best recommendation is to restart the services (a device reboot is not needed, just the Automox Agent service) after this weekend.

If you have persisting Agent disconnect issues after our scheduled maintenance and upgrading your devices to the latest agent version 40, then please open a support ticket through our Customer Portal so our engineers can investigate.

Cheers,

Brandon

I have constant issues with the automox agent disconnecting and not reconnecting.  I have been able to update most of my machines to version 1.0-40, but it this issue has not improved.  I am restarted the service on machines, I have reinstalled the agent, I have contacted support.  Still not resolved.  I cannot pin point any one thing that causes the agent to go offline and not reconnect without some intervention while sitting at the machine.  I have many remote users, so this isn’t an easy fix.  So far I have been told by support that the see nothing in the logs that I have been able to retrieve from several of the machines with this issue.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Only noticed this issue when they installed the agent and didn’t run ‘systemctl enable amagent’ for Linux clients. From next reboot those agents went offline. Other than this, I haven’t seen this happening much, but we are a 95% + Linux environment.