FYI/UPDATE/ETC: Expired cert from LetsEncrypt

• 7 October 2021
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi, everybody - Chad here. We’ve seen/heard a few issues from users concerning certificates, and it turns out that our LetsEncrypt cert recently expired. From our Engineering team:

"As of September 30, 2021, the previous root certificate leveraged by Let’s Encrypt - Automox’s certificate issuer - has expired. For most of our customers and their devices, this will not result in any expected impact to service due to the previously issued ISRG Root X1 root cert that is supported on modern browsers and devices as documented in more detail here: DST Root CA X3 Expiration (September 2021) - Let's Encrypt.

In addition to this expiring root certificate, Automox rotates our Console and API certificates every 90 days, and in some cases more frequently, requiring any whitelisting of certificates to be handled accordingly. In order to ensure devices are able to continue communicating with the Automox platform, download content for policies, or communicate to the Automox API, please ensure the root certificates on your devices are up to date: Agent Error: x.509 Certificate Signed By Unknown Authority | Automox Knowledge Base"

As always, let us know if you have any questions.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I wish Automox was free. Then again, I wouldn’t use it in a production environment if it was.

Nothing against LetsEncrypt - I have used their certs on a few test projects.

I wish Automox was free. Then again, I wouldn’t use it in a production environment if it was.

thatsaccurate