Duplicate Hosts

• 23 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I recently noticed that I had over 200 + devices in my default group and now there are duplicate devices in all my groups. Has anyone else experienced this behavior in the past hour?

8 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Srheins,

This is not normal behavior and might likely be because of another issue. Can you open up a ticket with support@automox.com please about this?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have opened a ticket with support.

Userlevel 4

Funny you should mention. We had 1 duplicate device show up yesterday at 1:10 PM EST. But only 1 out of 227 devices, so was going monitor to see if more show up.

I also noticed something strange last night…around 6/6:30pm (GMT) I got alerted to 2 new hosts being added to Automox. When I check this morning the alert IPs were actually for existing hosts…one was a server and one was a MacBook…I have since removed the duplicate record for the server - although there was not a duplicate record for the MacBook ?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I had Automox remove all of the duplicates and now I’m back to normal. I’m not sure why this happened to so many of my hosts, but I’ll keep an eye on things.

It would be great if there is a way to avoid duplicate hosts!

Badge

I recently opened a support ticket for this issue as well. Automox tried very hard to blame our software deployment method and our company image at first, but after some insistence and further investigation it looks like some kind of bug in the client. Removing Automox and reinstalling has worked so far, but the ticket is still open.

Userlevel 3

Hi Oror,

Back when this instance started, Automox did have an issue that did cause inadvertent duplication on some endpoints. We have cleared that up so it shouldn’t be happening anymore. What are you seeing that shows duplicates? If you would like, if you would send an email to support@automox.com and we can start a ticket on this.

Hi Cassandra,

For the ticket you have with support, we are still trying to replicate what you are seeing. Currently, the only way we have come close is by deploying an agent to a device that once existed in Automox that blocks our scripts and prevents our agent from scanning. This causes the device to show what was previously listed for the job queue for the device as we cannot update it to what is currently on the system. Removing our agent from all devices with the same name may stop this temporarily but until we find out what devices this is happening on I fear we might keep seeing this.