Automox agent bulk deployment with JumpCloud

• 13 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Is there a typo at the following page https://docs.automox.com/home/agent-installation/deploying-the-automox-agent-in-bulk#deploying-with-jumpcloud ?

I’ve followed the instructions, but when I run the command through a Windows System managed by Jumpcloud I get the following error:

The term ‘sudo’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or opera

ble program.

The example of the command from Automox document is curl -sS https://console.automox.com/downloadInstaller?accesskey=Your-Organization-Key-Here | sudo bash service amagent start

Is “sudo bash” not required?

Thanks,

9 replies

Hi,

That command refers to the installation for the Linux. The script you are looking for is the Install-AxAgentMsi.ps1 and the full command to call that script would be

Install-AxAgentMsi.ps1 -AccessKey xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank You,

Steven P

When I run it i get the following error message:

Install-AxAgentMsi.ps1 : The term ‘Install-AxAgentMsi.ps1’ is not recognized as the name of a cmd

let, function, script

file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that

the path is correct

and try again.

At line:1 char:1

• Install-AxAgentMsi.ps1 -AccessKey xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx …

•   + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Install-AxAgentMsi.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFound

Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

File destination for Install-AxAgentMsi.ps1

is C:\Windows\Temp\Install-AxAgentMsi.ps1

Hi,

Can you email me at steven.petrov@automox.com, we can setup a screenshare so that we can get this resolved.

Thank You,

Steven P

Hi Steven,

Tried to reach out to you. Let me know when works the best for you.

Thanks,

Why not put the powershell script directly into the command body inside JC.

What would be the script commands?

The contents of the powershell script. Jumpcloud has a checkbox to run as powershell command (32bit powershell)

FYI, Character limit is 2k if you insert command inside webgui. The automox onboarding not likely would exceed that.

Badge

Did this get resolved, I am trying to deploy via JC and thought its not erroring, it doesn’t end up with a machine connecting back to automox.

In my latest attempt, I have

created a “command”

uploaded the ps1 (making sure it’s not in a directory)

added the powershell command (including my key)

ticked the powershell box

I then deploy to a user and saw it come back with a zero which should mean it worked however there was no console output to debug and the users machine does not appear on the automox console

If you build your own script, try adding the arugs.

/VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SUPRESSMSGBOXES /NOCLOSEAPPLICATIONS /NORESTARTAPPLICATIONS; sleep 20; Start-Service amagent

If you want to test go spin up a VM and run powershell as system. (that’s exactly the same as how JC agent runs ps commands as. Just dump the script in some folder and run it… the least you will be able to see the response instead of switching to command results.